The Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 100,000km, whichever occurs first.
This warranty covers repairs and adjustments needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any
part supplied by Lexus, except in the following situations:
- Fire, accidents or theft.
- Abuse or negligence.
- Misuse-for example, racing or overloading.
- Improper repairs.
- Alteration or tampering.
- Lack of or improper maintenance, including use of fluids other than those specified in the Warranty and
- Services Guide.
- Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, windstorms,
- lightning and other environmental conditions.
- Water contamination.
- Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.
- Vehicles that have had their odometer tampered with so that actual vehicle mileage cannot be determined.
- Any vehicle for which the original factory-assigned vehicle identification number can’t be determined.
- Any vehicle that has been issued a “salvage” title or similar title under any state’s law. This also includes
- cars that have been declared a “total loss” or equivalent by a financial institution or insurer, such as by
- payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle.
- This exclusion does not apply to the emission control warranties with later usage.
- Incidental or consequential damage associated with vehicle failure. Such damages include but are not
- limited to inconvenience; the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging; the loss of personal or
- commercial property; and the loss of pay or revenue.
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups; replacement of fluids and filters; lubrication;
- cleaning and polishing; replacement of spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake
- pads/linings and clutch linings.
- Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer.
- The Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) Program is a one-time, complimentary offer for new vehicles for the
first 12 months from the date the vehicle is sold. LS, ES and RX models with Navigation System allow the
driver to change settings. Please see visit our dealership for more information.